my background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Central Park and the Plaza Hotel

We arrived, a van full of international students and I, in NYC just after the big NY/DC snowstorm.  We just had to visit Central Park with its blanket of snow.




We were frozen after a few hours in the park!  You can't tell from the photo, but the guy from Brazil in the back didn't have a heavy coat.  The rest of us did, but we were freezing anyway with the low temps and the cold wind.  

So we went to the Plaza Hotel to warm up.




And visit the Eloise area. 






What happy memories from our trip to NYC and DC, 2009!

6 comments:

Sonya Badgley said...

A beautiful place but it looks awfully cold! :)
Looks like you had a great time inspite of the snow!
Hugs,
sonya

marieDee said...

Oh, no, Sonya! I loved the snow!!!! I know it isn't for everyone, but it's just great for me!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

marieDee

Lynn Stevens said...

What a greart trip that must have been. Beautiful photos
Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck!
hugs Lynn

Cyndy said...

Hi marieDee - I just saw and replied to your comment on my blog. Your NYC photos are wonderful. I'll bet the snow made the trip seem that much more festive.

I love that ceiling in the Plaza Hotel - I'm going to have to stop by there when I'm up in December and have a look!

Tracy said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting me! Looks like a beautiful but chilly day in NYC. I have always gone in December, there is just so much to see there during the holiday season. I never went inside the Plaza though, how gorgeous it is!

Martha Z said...

How beautiful, Central Park in the snow. I like your house, it reminds me of growing up in Los Angeles where Mediterranean style homes were not uncommon. The one I grew up in was of that style but tiny, only 900sq feet.